DISCOVER YOUR PASSION
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
(use code: 1KG738)
2. PA State Police Criminal Record Check:
Register online at https://epatch.state.pa.us. There is no cost for volunteers. Print response certificate and return at your scheduled meeting. **Can submit certification from previous volunteer organization as long as the certifications were obtained within the previous 60 months.
3. Child Abuse Clearance
Register online at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS. There is no cost for volunteers. Print response certificate and return at your scheduled meeting. **Can submit certification from previous volunteer organization as long as the certifications were obtained within the previous 60 months.
Note: Child Care Staff have additional clearances.
1) The Y is a cause-driven organization
Why work at a gym when you can work for a CAUSE? When you work at the Y, you’re not just checking in members or teaching classes, you are a part of a bigger cause to strengthen community.
2) Work for a place that helps you get healthy
We are focused on helping Grove City get healthy, and that starts with all of our employees! We want our employees to feel happy and healthy, so we provide free YMCA memberships to staff and their families.
3) Helping others will improve your quality of life
Studies show that giving back to others not only helps you feel better, but it also gives you greater self-esteem, stronger friendships, and a sense of belonging. Helping others is a part of your daily life when you work at the Y.
4) The Y is one of the most respected non-profits in the world
The YMCA has a presence in 125 countries worldwide. Work for an organization that is nationally and globally acclaimed for its work in youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
5) Work with passionate people like you
Our staff are committed to strengthening our community by providing great programs that support mind, body and soul. If you want to be a part of a team of like-minded passionate people, then the Y is the place for you.
6) It’s fun!
Working at the Y is FUN! We guarantee you will have a blast working with youth, our members and staff team. There’s something new and exciting happening every day at the Y.
The Y provides an exciting atmosphere, a variety of opportunities, flexible work schedules, investments in your future, great benefits, and you can help make a difference in your community. You will find some of the best and most satisfied people working for the YMCA.
- 15 – 18 years old – Great first job.
- College students/post-college – flexible schedule and post-college Career options!
- Career – Career opportunities in Youth Development, Healthy Living, Social Responsibility. Begin your career as a Program Director and grow to Executive Director or CEO! Career opportunities also available in Marketing, Finance, HR, Program and Membership Development.
- Returning to the workforce – are your kids off to school and you are looking to return to the workforce? The Y is a great place to start!
- Retired – Loving retirement but looking for some community involvement? Working for the Y gives you long-lasting community connections.